Thank you to all those who contribute Letters to the Editor to OntarioNewsNorth.com! Your contributions are much appreciated, as they serve a vital role within our local/regional newspaper, helping OntarioNewsNorth.com to best represent the diversity within our region. OntarioNewsNorth.com provides the world with a window to the Northshore your contributions, as well as those of other residents, schools, and community groups, provide readers with a more balanced representation of evertying our region has to offer.
Share your opinions by mailing Letters to the Editor to Editor@OntarioNewsNorth.com. *Please see below for important information regarding terms of publication, necessary info and disclaimer regarding Letters to the Editor content.
OntarioNewsNorth.com welcomes Letters to the Editor and your opinions and feedback regarding news, events, and issues published on the site. Share your experiences and observations, with other OntarioNewsNorth.com readers from Northern Ontario and across the globe! Comments can be posted directly below most articles (scroll down) however, traditional Letters to the Editor offer an opportunity to start a new discussion, share your opinions or provide information you believe is of interest to other readers.
It is important to note that OntarioNewsNorth.com reserves the right to review, edit, or refuse Letters to the Editor . The following guidelines apply to all submissions intended for publishing on OntarioNewsNorth.com;
- Be clear and consice (avoid repetition);
- When debating an issue, do so respectfully, avoiding personal attacks or name calling.
- Do not make comments that are threatening, obscene, profane, contain hate speech or degrade others.
- Do not make derogartory or malicious statements, such as allegations of criminal activity or comments that unfairly harm a person’s reputation.
- Do not copy material from other sources, except in brief quotes, with the source acknowledged.
- Include your full name, city, province, phone #, and a valid email (you may be contacted for verification). OntarioNewsNorth.com will not print anonymous letters (see below for information regarding how you can remain anonymous when submitting).
If you see a comment that appears to violate these guidelines, please email Editor@OntarioNewsNorth.com it will be reviewed as soon as possible.
Pen names / Anonymity:
Letters to the Editor can include a request for anonymity or use of a pen-name though they still require your complete contact information. It is advised that personal information such as your address or phone number not be included in the body of your Letter to the Editor if you wish to remain anonymous. Thank you for contributing to your local, daily newspaper.